Support when you need it.
Reporting an insurance claim should be easy. With us, it is.
Being faced with the unexpected can be a very stressful thing, but we don’t think reporting an insurance claim should be. We’re here to help you every step of the way, making your claims experience as simple and convenient as possible.
Reporting a Loss FAQs
Below you will find a list of information to gather when an unfortunate event happens.
If you plan to file a claim, do not wait. In some states you have up to six months to file a claim. Depending on your policy, it may be longer.
- Date, location, and time of the incident.
- Name, address, and phone number of all involved parties.
- Police report numbers, as well as witness information and contact details.
- Description of incident, description, or list of the damaged property.
- Photos if available.
- Insurance info for other parties.
It depends on how complex the claim is, how serious the injuries and/or damage is. If the claim requires follow-up work on your end we will always assist you in any way we can.
Take note of these steps and keep a list in your car to reference when an accident occurs.
- Stay calm.
- Stop immediately, but do not obstruct traffic.
- Assist anyone who is injured.
- Have someone call 911. Call again if the police don’t arrive within 5 minutes.
- Write down names, phone numbers, and addresses of other drivers, witnesses, and injured people.
- Note make, model, license plate numbers of all vehicles involved.
- Sketch a drawing of the scene showing the position of vehicles and other important details.
- Don’t admit to being at fault at the scene of the accident.
- Don’t accept a claim settlement at the scene of the accident.
- Remain calm, courteous, and consistent in your version of the accident events.
- Notify your insurance company or call us at 630-377-0700 as soon as possible.