Recruiting and Retention: Are you doing it wrong?
It’s the hot topic right now: staffing issues in the fire service. There are plenty of focus groups, roundtables and “How to” workshops out there, focusing on how to recruit and retain. Fire departments are getting creative and trying new ways to attract and retain members. As the Fire Chief, are you missing something important? Getting in your own way? Creating unexpected liabilities for your organization? Do you know about recent changes to federal Line-of-Duty benefits available through the PSOB program?
We cut to the chase and bring you a “How Not to…” workshop on recruiting and retention in the Fire Service, with real-life examples, practical exercises and lively discussions. Enrollment in this workshop also includes an exclusive self-assessment, unique for each attendee.
Join us for an interactive session designed for fire service Chief Officers. Fire Chiefs, Assistant Chiefs and Deputy Chiefs are all welcome, from Fire Protection Districts or municipal Fire Departments.
These timely topics will be proudly presented by the following professionals:
- Ian Bennett, National Local Assistance State Team (LAST) Coordinator for the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation – Key changes to the federal PSOB program re: line-of-duty benefits.
- Attorney Shawn Flaherty, Attorney at Ottosen DiNolfo Hasenbalg & Castaldo, Ltd. – Important legal considerations when it comes to recruiting and retaining.
- Rick Lochner, President of RPC Leadership Associates, Inc. – You’re the chief, but why would people follow you?
- 8:00am – 8:30am: Registration and light breakfast
- 8:30am – 12:00pm: Workshop
Let us know you’re coming by competing the form below. Register multiple people by selecting the number you want to register in the Tickets section and supplying each attendee’s full name in the field provided.
Registration is closed; however, seats may still be available. Contact us at 630-377-0700 to inquire about late registrations.
The workshop will be held in Room HEC 1022 on the first floor of the SSG Miller Homeland Security Center HEC building:
Please park in Lot Fawell E, which is just south of Fawell Blvd, between West College Rd and Lambert Rd. We are meeting in the building labeled “HEC” below:
Download workshop fliers:
This event is fully booked.